111

Thursday 7 May 2020

DVD for Home Theater set-up?

Oda Mauson: Parts Express or Crutchfield will have one.

Kiersten Clayburn: Rent a dvd that is THX approved and it will have a THX test on the disc, you could access it through the menu. I believe you can test the surround levels, phase and placement and some will test for color also. I'm not sure what disc's are THX, either check out rentals that show the THX logo or do a google search. If you want to buy a test disc I think there is one called "Sound Essentials" it should be available at Best Buys. PS: I have over 7 thousand dollars worth of home theater and make all adjustments by ear....Show more

Hilma Pestano: Thanks a lot Papajo,I certainly have much less money than you on my equipment :). I just got a Yamaha YSP 800 with "virtual" surround, and I plan to do the adjustment by ear as well ... once. Because I have a funky room, I will need to manually adjust the setting obtained through autocal. Having one DVD with all kind of possible sounds would definit! ively speed up the process!...Show more

Lino Cawthorne: Try either soundandvision.mag or hometheater.mag.Also try Toy Story or Toy Story 2., they both have demos for surround sound and TV set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment