111

Friday 22 May 2020

How hard would it be to major in secondary education, english, and a foreign language?

May Stands: I don't know about that college specifically, but I know how it would have been done at the college I went to. I think you would major in Liberal Arts and go into the teaching program for the secondary education. At my college, secondary education students chose a focus subject (math teachers would have chosen math, etc.) I think you would chose English for this. Then, you would choose German as your minor. Minor usually have many less classes to take to achieve them than a major. Then, in California, we have to take a test after graduation, or right before, for each subject we would like to teach. I think you would just take it in English and German. But then, I think that it's important that you're not too picky right at first at landing your dream positions. Maybe after that, you would try to get an English position (probably more available than German positions) and gradually work your way toward that once you are established at a school. But having your m! inor and teaching tests done in German will help you get there. I live in California and went to a different college than you plan to go to. So, I suggest you look up teaching test guidelines for your state and talk to a college advisor at Western Kentucky University. Good luck!!...Show more

No comments:

Post a Comment