111

Monday 1 June 2020

do u think education could be the key to opening people's heart and mind?

Marion Wieboldt: I would love to believe that but what do you do with people who aren't interested in learning? Personal rights are very important but many have taken that to mean I can be as rude, bossy, crude and ignorant as I chose. Why they want that is beyond me. They seem to want to throw their opinion in your face and boy you had better like it or else. What a miserable way to live.

Mel Crapo: That, or a well-sharpened axe.

Adam Momaya: Nope.It's all in what you teach, don't let anyone tell you differently.

Ronnie Barcus: Not if they are brainwashed to hate others and have no regard for human life. This includes radicals, many kids that are fatherless and have no adult supervision, gang members, etc. I doubt anything will help them.

Sammy Tabatt: Absolutely.My parents have provided a great education for me, and I feel that it has paid off. I feel that I understand and can relate to many situations. I've noticed that most of my good friends t! hat aren't as educated as myself are generally quick to form judgments, and fail to see both sides of issues.I did an assignment for class the other day and an outstanding statistic was given in the reading: 19% of people in jail are completely illiterate, and something like 40% were functionally literate.I think that education instills many values that some people may not find elsewhere (eg, cooperation with others, respect, etc.) It also promotes a sense of community (which is key to those efforts which try to deter crime).Just my opinion, though.Goodbye and good luck!...Show more

No comments:

Post a Comment